Today I’m sharing one last tutorial for Boys Will be Boys, so Handmade Their Toys! [but don't worry, we have a couple other fun things up our sleeves to wrap up the series!]
In our house, dress up is a must. We may not have tutus and princess dresses, but we have capes and masks and animal ears and a ridiculous number of hats and helmets. And for my boys, the sillier it is, the better. And really, what’s sillier on a five-year-old than a ridiculous mustache?
- Felted wool, knit, or fleece with some stretch
- 1/8 in. elastic
- Sewing machine or needle
- Coordinating thread
1. Cut various mustache shapes out of your selected fabric. [the two on the right I cut out of fleece, only to discover they didn't have any stretch and decided not to use them] You will want two of exactly the same shape for each mustache.
2. Cut about 12in. of elastic. Pin the ends on either side of the mustache.
3. Stitch around the edge of the mustache shapes, securing the elastic as you go. Leave a small opening somewhere.
4. Stuff with poly-fil and stitch the opening closed.
And then put on your silly mustache, because you can’t have your kids model it, since it’s a Christmas present.
Stacey has a fantastic round up of fun gift wrapping ideas over at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!
She also has a giveaway for a gift certificate from Fancie Fannies - awesome peg dolls that your littles will l.o.v.e.