I’m an essential oil girl. I love having a natural alternative for taking charge of my family’s health. But when I leave the house, I throw them in my purse, and they just end up rolling around at the bottom. I needed a way to safely carry them – and find them – when I’m on the go. So I sewed up this Essential Oil Travel Case, and they’re super easy to make!
This post contains some affiliate links. Purchases made won’t cost you any more, but make me a small commission to run this site and help my family. Thanks for your support!
- Fat quarter of woven fabric
- Scrap of quilt batting
- KAM snaps
- Sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc.
**This makes a travel case that perfectly fits 5ml bottles. If you want to make one for 15 ml bottles, you will need to alter the size by lengthening the short side of the fabric.
1.Cut two pieces of woven fabric 10in x 5 in. Also cut one piece of quilt batting the same size.
2. Place the fabric right sides together, with the quilt batting against one wrong side. Zig-zag around all sides, leaving a small opening on one side. Clip the corners.
3. Turn the fabric right side out. Press and topstitch around all four sides, closing the opening you left for turning.
4. Fold the bottom of the fabric up about 3/4 of the way. This will create your pockets. Using your essential oil bottles as your guide, pin between the bottles and pin/clip the fabric together at each end. *You want to leave extra fabric at each end, as shown in the picture, for your snaps.
5. Stitch down where you pinned, to make your pockets. Also stitch down the fabric ends.
*You will have an extra “pocket” at each end that is too small for an oil bottle. This is important!
6. Attach your snaps, one at each end, in that extra space. I use a KAM snap pliers to attach my snaps.
Now slide your oils in, and you’re ready to go!
Roll it up, snap it, and toss it in your purse.
This case is a really fast sew (I think I made it in 30 minutes, including the time to take pictures), and so practical! The quilt batting gives your oils a little cushion, and the pockets keep them snugly in place.
No more digging around in the bottom of your purse (amongst the raisin boxes, old receipts, and baby wipes) to find the one you need!
This really is the perfect travel accessory!
At least there will be one aspect of my purse that’s organized. ;)
purse: Better Than Basic Bag by Sew Fearless
wallet: Cozy Cameras
*I use Young Living essential oils. If you’d like more information or are interested in purchasing, click here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org*