Welcome back to day three of the Handmade Gifts for Boys series! Awhile back, my six-year-old saw a stuffed snake toy at the zoo, and he cannot stop talking about it. He has been begging me to make one for him. So today I have a free pattern so you can make one too!
- knit fabric
- embroidery thread
1. Embroider eyes onto the snake’s face.
2. If you want to, embroider a design on the snake’s back.
3. Put the top and bottom pieces right sides together and sew. Repeat with the snake’s belly
4. Put the tongue on top of the snake’s face, right side facing the eyes.
5. Put the top and the belly right sides together.
6. Sew along the outsides, leaving an opening in the center of the snake.
7. Stuff with polyfill and use a blind stitch to close the opening.
I can’t handle how adorable this snake is! My little guy is going to love it! The fleece makes it so snuggly.
Download your free pattern here:
Make sure you download it to your computer, don’t print from your browser. Then join the If Only Designs Patterns Facebook group to share your cuddly creation!
Looking for more softies to sew? Stacey has an awesome roundup of softie patterns, so pop over there to check it out!